To register your club for Ireland Light Up and the MyLife Healthy Clubs Steps Challenge, use the following link: Ireland Lights Up & Every Step Counts Registration 2024
To find out more about MyLife and download the App, use the following link: Health & Wellbeing App – MyLife App by Irish Life
‘Ireland Lights Up’ Additional Info for Clubs:
• Ireland Lights Up will run from January 10, 2024. Participating clubs are asked to host a community walk for up to 6 weeks, for the duration of the Operation Transformation show. Clubs can determine their own schedule depending on volunteer capacity.
• Clubs that complete the registration process for Ireland Lights Up and adhere to the necessary criteria will be covered by Get Ireland Walking's insurance for all walk leaders. Irrespective of GAA membership status, leaders and participants are not covered by the GAA Injury Benefit Fund for this initiative.
• To put an accurate figure on the number of walkers that participate in Ireland Lights Up in 2024, clubs will be asked to report their participant numbers weekly. They will also be considered as host club for the launch of Ireland Lights Up 2025 (which involves a visit from RTE’s Operation Transformation)
‘Every Step Counts Challenge’ Additional Info for Clubs:
• The challenge will commence on the MyLife App on January 8th and run for five weeks until midnight on the 12th of February. Participating clubs will be encouraged to register as many interested club and community members on the App in advance of this. (Any club that registered in 2023 will be auto-enrolled again this year. If already on the MyLife App from previous Steps Challenges, individuals will have to register for the new 2024 challenge on the App.)
• MyLife allows participants and clubs to track their participation in the challenge through regional and national league tables while also measuring the positive impact on their health and wellbeing.
• As ever clubs will be in with a chance to win cash prizes for their club by participating in Every Step Counts challenge.
• All GAA clubs can get involved in the Steps Challenge (irrespective of having a walking track facility) and are automatically registered when they register for ‘Ireland Lights Up’. Participation in the challenge is, of course, at a club’s discretion.
Please direct any Ireland Lights Up queries to email@example.com