Get Ireland Walking is committed to protecting your privacy & security. Please read carefully so that you are aware of the steps we take to protect your privacy, what information we collect and how we use it now or may use it in the future. By visiting the Get Ireland Walking website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
What data we will collect
When registering a group/s with Get Ireland Walking, Get Ireland Walking will collect certain information about you the Group Coordinator which will include your name, address, email address, postal address, telephone number and the names of the Get Ireland Walking Volunteer Walk Leaders that support the groups walking activities and a starting/meeting place for your walk.
Get Ireland Walking is committed to protecting your privacy & security but as an open group walk coordinator and direct contact person your name and contact number will be publicly visible. You can choose to have your group set private; this will be via an opt in/opt out format on the registration page.
Why we will collect it
We process personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide a point of contact for persons wishing to join a social walking group in their local areas.
- To adhere to criteria associated with our Walk Leader Insurance which we provide as a support for Walk Leaders.
- To engage with Walk Leaders periodically fostering support through our volunteer network.
- Develop and maintain an accurate record of registered walking groups.
- Monitor participation in walking by demographic.
- Respond to and communicate with group coordinators regarding questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to insurance and walking related topics. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint or appeal in line with our complaints and appeals policies.
- Please note all credit card or other payment information details, including credit card numbers and bank details, are managed and stored by Mountaineering Ireland, our host organisation/NGB and all payments/invoices are processed through Mountaineering Ireland.
How long we will keep it
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with services and in line with our legitimate interests outlined above. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have created a walking group on the system and taken no further action to engage with the Get Ireland Walking initiative or opt in annually for the free walk leader insurance. Individuals who participate in walking programmes can expect to have their data stored with the research teams for up to five years. Data collected will only be used to monitor and evaluate programmes.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”
- If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information; All members of Get Ireland Walking can update their personal data/group activity by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a Walking Group Coordinator/Leader and Volunteer.
Sharing your data (Programming)
Get Ireland Walking supports the delivery of walking programmes to a variety of population groups across the island. Monitoring of evaluation of these programmes are supported by Sport Ireland, Academic Institutes and external organisations when required. Please note that the information you provide will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Policy of Get Ireland Walking. This information will only be used for the monitoring and evaluation of the programme. Your name and personal information will not be used in any reports or given to third-parties, only statistical information will be used for example “70% of men increased the amount of walks they took per week”. We only ask for names, so we can match people who complete more than one survey. If you change your mind about taking part in any evaluation you can contact the research team directly associated with specific programmes (details on the programme evaluation sheets) and we will ensure than any information you provided will be destroyed.
All of the personal data we attain from you will be, filed, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of Get Ireland Walking and Mountaineering Ireland Data Protection Policy.
All our Walk Volunteers, Stakeholders and Partner Organisations will receive our Get Ireland Walking magazine “ezine”, which is electronically circulated on a quarterly basis. The mailing list is created and stored by Mail Chimp, an online media publication resource. Get Ireland Walking adhere to all Mail Chimp legal requirements. You can opt out of receiving this ezine by contacting email@example.com or opting out on the group registration page.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on the system and our servers are based in the EU. The system is accessed by our staff and approved providers and affiliated clubs have restricted access for the purposes set out above.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how Get Ireland Walking collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by Get Ireland Walking, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner at email@example.com.